The largest training provider in Queensland, Australia, will launch an online sports turf management course from January 2024. Designed for people currently employed in turf management with previous studies and experience in the industry, this course will help you further your career and progress into a management role.
This practical course will develop the ability to not only manage a golf course or sports turf facility, but also to manage individuals in the workplace and develop or review management practices. It includes assessment tasks that incorporate onsite projects and seamlessly combine work and study, ensuring you graduate with skills and knowledge that are immediately transferable to the workplace.
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the practical experience you need to work as an assistant or manager in turf-related businesses or local council settings.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires students to complete all core and 4 elective units from the list below.
- Manage enterprise staff requirements
- Prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports
- Develop and manage a chemical use strategy
- Audit irrigation systems
- Develop a soil health and plant nutrition program
- Diagnose plant health problems
- Plan the establishment of sports turf playing surfaces
- Manage sports turf renovation programs
- Develop sports turf management programs
- Manage sports turf facility assets
- Select and implement a GIS for sustainable agricultural systems
- Sample soils and interpret results
- Manage trial and research material
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Students can opt for 3 hour online classes twice a week or once a week. Depending on the choice, the course will take two to four years.
More information about this course can be found here.