This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Manager, Pitch for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
• Overseeing the infrastructural pitch delivery plan of Cluster Stadiums and Training Sites.
• Liaison with all Stadium and Training Site Authorities on pitch design and construction matters.
• Implementation and monitoring of the FIFA Requirements in Pitch Management delivery life cycle.
• Maintain an understanding and support integration of the Pitch Research Programme outcomes in collaboration with Senior Pitch Infrastructure Manager.
• Liaise with internal Stakeholders and Functional areas in the associated Host City Clusters.
• Develop and monitor a Project Management Plan and Pitch delivery Risk Management Plan which includes Pitch Protection, Recovery and Replacement Plans.
• Ensuring that pitch construction readiness is reported, and action plans are completed according to the schedule; addressing and escalating any issues thereon as required.
• Working in conjunction with Stadium and Training Site Turf Managers to prepare, implement and monitor weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance schedules (as applicable to FIFA use periods) to ensure all ground staff deliver the required standard of playing surfaces daily.
• Ensuring all pitch operations carried out according to agreed framework.
• Working with the Senior Pitch Management Manager to deliver an Education and Training Programme designed specifically at addressing key areas of turf maintenance in line with the tournament pitch operational requirements.
• Foresee the need to act, to draw up a coherent and chronological plan, to establish priorities, to allocate resources, to develop a system of control, and to re-adjust and permanently improve plans.
• Hold recognised turf management qualifications.
• Have experience and be familiar with modern turf maintenance equipment in stadiums.
• Have an extensive working knowledge of state-of-the-art growing aids such as growing lights and vacuum and ventilation systems.
• Be familiar with the maintenance techniques required to maintain hybrid pitches.
• A minimum of 5 years as either:
a Grounds Manager or Head Groundsman at a Professional Football or Multi-use Stadium/Arena with natural turf surface, or
a Senior Project Manager or Sports Surface Consultant working with Internationally recognised Venues, Events and/or Sports Clubs.
• Minimum 3-years’ experience of planning and delivery of a FIFA World Cup or other similar major International Football event.
• Experience of working with a team/staff with different backgrounds and skill sets, and ideally in an overseas setting.
• Practical competency and problem-solving skills in the setup and operation of specialist sports turf machinery and equipment, as well as experience in operating key pitch infrastructural components such as vacuum & ventilations system, irrigation pumps and pitch grow lights.
• Fluent in English
• Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
• Proficient in MS Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
• Planning software and online collaboration tools
• Miro Board, Whiteboard
• Pitch Performance and Environmental testing and evaluation methods and measurements.
|Or login when you are subscribed already