An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Watford Football Club.
We are looking to recruit a gardener who will be responsible for the management, state and maintenance of all lawns, car park and ornamental surfaces at the training ground.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening and weekend hours, and will be located at our training ground facilities based in London Colney. However, there may be a requirement at times to work at our Vicarage Road Stadium.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Day to day cultivation and maintenance of gardens and formal areas. Maintenance is to include but not limited to the following: pruning, weeding, planting, mowing, fertilising, spraying.
- Identify and control weeds, pests, and diseases.
- Driving work-related vehicles such as utility buggies and tractors.
- To assist the Head Groundsman with managing lawn renovation duties in off-season.
- Monitor and execute the need for irrigation.
- Ensure all car park and pathway surfaces are safe to use prior to each use during periods of inclement weather.
- Perform regular walks of site analysing work done and to plan future work.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit, and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- Good general knowledge of horticulture.
- Hold PA1 & PA2 NPTC pesticide certificates.
- A member of the Institute of Groundsmanship or be prepared to become a member.
- First Aid in the workplace qualification or equivalent.
- Appropriate knowledge of fertiliser application to lawns, shrubs and plants.
- Experience of working in an outdoor environment and using powered equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Excellent customer service, good interpersonal, communication and team management skills.
- Willing to work unsociable hours which will include evenings and weekends, and have a flexible approach to tasks and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
- Full, clean UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role.
For the full job advert click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at email@example.com.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Gardener
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Watford Football Club – Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
1. Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
3. If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the club website under the careers section.
4. Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.