Pacific Sports Turf Inc. has decades worth of experience in the turf industry exceling in managing/assisting sports fields and golf sites throughout the Northwest. Our team of turf experts cultivate and maintain high performance natural turf fields using proven cultural practices (fertilization, aeration, seeding, top-dressing, etc.), along with providing grooming and Gmax testing on synthetic surfaces. We also have a construction division that builds, repairs, and enhances natural turf fields and a Irrigation Management division that manages the application of water on landscapes. We are a small, locally-owned family that puts the well-being of its employees 1st. We provide an excellent benefits package including a 401k plan, medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity company that wants anyone with a great attitude and ambition to work with us regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexuality. Because of the necessity to drive large trucks and working on school sites requires us to be free of a criminal record and federally illegal drug use (includes marijuana due to DOT requirements).
Transport and operate specialty turf equipment across the Pacific Northwest. Full Time.
Pacific Sports Turf is looking for a well-qualified turf enthusiast to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the right combination of education and/or practical experience with turf grass knowledge and horticulture principles (not required).
Pacific Sports Turf Inc assists in repairs and specialty maintenance on sports fields, golf courses, and a variety of other premium landscapes. Our Turf Technicians are responsible for the safe delivery and operation of a variety of different equipment such as top-dressers, front end loaders, aerators, seeders, deep tine aerators, core sweepers, fertilizer spreaders, and other specialty equipment.
Candidates would be expected to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (class A) within 3 months (with our assistance).
POSITION: Turf Technician
REPORTS TO: Field Supervisor /Operation Manager
SUMMARY: Performs turf renovation and maintenance work using turf equipment and tractor. Mobilizing all equipment to and from multiple job sites.
PAY RANGE: $ 24.00-26.00/HR. + benefits DOE
The primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following. Management retains the right to add or change the responsibilities of the position at any time.
- Becoming skilled with supervision in all operations of turf maintenance equipment. Including but not limited to Sanding, Aerating, Deep Tine Aeration, Seeding, Field Renovation.
- Load and transport equipment and tools to job sites as required
- Comply with and enforce company policies.
- Develop and maintain a positive work relationship with operation manager, peers, and subordinates.
- Promote and maintain safe working conditions.
- Fill out detailed daily paperwork timely and accurately.
- Report equipment in need of repair to mechanic.
- Assure proper use, care and inventory of company equipment, parts and tools assigned by performing pre-operation checks, routine maintenance, and minor in-the-field repairs of equipment as necessary
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to bend/stoop/crouch/squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp/sit on moving equipment for long periods.
- Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing
- Current drivers license with insurable driving record.
- Ability to obtain C.D.L. within 3 months of employment. PST to pay cost.
- Able to work various hours and various locations including out of town/overnight trips as required.
- Quality workmanship shall meet company standards.
- Positive attitude, appearance and be dependable.
KEY ATTRIBUTES/TRAITS INCLUDE:
- Willing to learn and follow procedures
- Able to accept and process directions well
- Outdoor environment with periodic inclement weather conditions
- Email resume and cover letter to tjay@pacificsports turf.com
- Fax resume and cover letter to 503-692-1199