Following three consecutive storms that hit Europe mid February causing havoc and seriously damaging property, Sport England has launched a storm relief fund to assist sports facilities repairing damage quickly.
Organisations with facilities such as clubhouses, courts and pitches affected by the recent storms can now apply for grants of up to GBP 15,000.
The money could be used to repair storm-damaged buildings and roofs, grass and artificial pitches, decontaminate flooded clubhouses, replace damaged electrical systems or clear blocked drains.
Limited help for football
Any funding requests for projects that include football will need to be part of a multi-sport offering. For football-only projects, organisations should email the Football Foundation via firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply?
Organisations that can apply have to be:
- a not-for-profit voluntary group or sports organisation
- a not-for-profit community club or organisation
- a registered charity
- a not-for-profit company
- a community interest company (CIC) with three directors or other social enterprise
- a leisure operator, operating a single site
- a public body such as a local authority, parish or town council, education establishment (you will need to provide pound for pound matched funding).
Submit your application here