- Assisting in the care and daily maintenance of grass courts to include – applying nutrition (granular and liquid), mowing, marking out, operating pedestrian and tractor mounted machinery, Spring and Autumn grass court renovations across all sites/locations
- Identifying and controlling of weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
- Assisting in the care and daily maintenance of clay courts, hard courts, covered courts, croquet lawns, ornamental, other grass areas and car parks across all sites/locations
- Ensuring grounds, paths and areas surrounding courts are tidy and weed free
- Assisting in the care and maintenance of all equipment, tools and benches
- Setting up courts for play to include ¿ erecting permanent and temporary netting, operating grass court covers, maintaining cups and water on courts, moving benches
- Driving buggies and other required machinery according to site rules
- Maintaining health, safety and security in the workplace and complying with company procedures and guidelines
- Taking personal responsibility to be in clean and presentable AELTC uniform during working hours
- On a day-to-day basis offering flexibility to work across the Horticultural Services Department and Groundstaff Department as required across all sites/locations.
What part your role will play in The Championships
- The Groundstaff Department delivers year-round maintenance and state of the art preparation for The Championships which sees around 3,500 hours of use during The Championships.
- Your role will help to provide support across all sites/locations to include The All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club Limited (Wimbledon), The All England Club Community Sports Ground (Raynes Park), The Wimbledon Qualifying and Community Sports Centre (Roehampton) and surrounding areas
- The role will require flexibility to include weekends, evenings and a different pattern of hours to cover events.
- Strong turf knowledge and qualifications to include level 2, or equivalent, in sports turf and PA1 and PA6A
- Proven knowledge and practical experience gained in a professional environment with grass tennis courts and other tennis court surfaces to competition standard
- Current full driving licence (Category B)
- Recognise all events and matches are important to the image and the operation of the AELTC
- Flexibility to include weekends, evenings and a different pattern of hours to cover events across all sites/locations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and numeracy to meet job requirements
- Organised, efficient, professional, reliable, strong attention to detail and able to meet deadlines with a positive and flexible approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build good working relationships at all levels across all sites/locations
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships, widely regarded as the world’s premier tennis tournament and are home to one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
Our business has grown in recent years and we expect that success to continue. We have plans to further improve our facilities and invest in our people in future years. Our success is important to us and we are guided by our key values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
The Groundstaff Department’s role is to maintain grass, clay, hard and covered courts and the croquet lawns for year-round use by Members and guests and to fully prepare the courts for The Championships using the latest technology combined with vast experience and skills.
This supports the AELTC’s goal of delivering the world’s premier tennis tournament and to support one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
The Groundstaff Department delivers year-round maintenance and state of the art preparation for The Championships which sees around 3,500 hours of use during The Championships.
The Groundstaff Department, based at Roehampton and Raynes Park, delivers year-round maintenance of hard courts, football pitches, rugby pitches and cricket facilities including the daily maintenance of ornamental, other grass areas and car parks and state of the art preparation for our Qualifying Competition and The Championships.
For further information regarding the AELTC Wimbledon Park Project please click here