An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Watford Football Club.
We are looking to recruit a Groundsperson to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing a pitch maintenance programme, and to ensure delivery of an excellent playing surface at the club’s training ground based in London Colney.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening, weekend and matchday hours, and will be based at our training ground facilities in London Colney, however there may be a requirement at times to work at our Vicarage Road Stadium.
You must have:
- The desire to forge a successful career in the sports turf industry
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team and using own initiative
- Willing to work unsociable hours, which will include evenings and weekends, and have a flexible approach to tasks and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Spraying certificates (or working towards)
- NVQ level 2 sports turf or equivalent, or working towards/willing to work towards
- Minimum of two years experience working in winter sports surfaces
- Experience working within a multi-sports environment
- Experience using SGL pitch lights
For the full job advert click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at email@example.com.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Groundsperson
Salary/Hourly rate of pay: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Watford Football Club – Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
1. Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
3. If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the club website under the careers section.
4. Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.