AFC WIMBLEDON has built a new stadium in Wimbledon, South West London which is state of the art and designed to deliver excellent facilities for playing professional football matches, non-professional football matches and rugby matches. As such AFC Wimbledon is looking to recruit a Groundsperson.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in ensuring the highest standards of safety and grounds maintenance within a prestigious club.
• Support with the upkeep and presentation of the clubs playing surfaces and maintaining to the highest standard including verges, artificial surfaces, hedges, car parks, paths and road side grass areas.
• Support with delivering the safe implementation of pest control, weed control, seeding, fungicide, fertilization and nutrition programme for the playing surfaces
• Ensure that the initial marking out and setting up of playing surfaces is to a high standard
• Match day preparation to include set-up goals, flags etc. for scheduled matches at all venues and at all levels
• Regular brushing/grooming 3G artificial surfaces using specialized equipment.
• Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out AFC Wimbledon’s health and safety policy at all times compliant with all group policies and statutory regulations.
• Identify and report maintenance requirements or hazards within the workplace.
• Maintaining and upkeep of equipment and machinery on a regular basis, including storage areas.
• Occasional working days at the training ground to maintain and prepare for training sessions.
The role will report direct into the Head Groundsperson and will need to assist the Head Groundsperson in the everyday running of the pitch and surrounding areas. The applicant must be hard working with the willingness to work as part of a team. The individual needs to be able to carry out medium to heavy manual work tasks in all weather conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent communication skills.
• DBS checked or if not be prepared to complete an enhanced DBS check
• Either EU Citizen, permanent UK resident or a foreign national with legal authorization to work in the UK.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Interest in groundsman ship and turf grass maintenance.
• Previous Stadium or Professional Sports experience
• 2 years minimum experience within sports turf or horticulture background
• Level 2 Diploma or other recognised equivalent qualification in Horticulture and/or Turf
The role will be offered on a permanent basis working 40 hours per week including match days, evening matches and weekends when required.
Salary range: £24K – £28k subject to qualifications and experience + bonus incentive
Closing date : 6
th January 2023
If you believe you have the right skills for this position, please apply by sending an up
to date CV with covering letter including salary expectations to email@example.com