An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced candidate to join the Grounds Team at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Groundsperson.
This role will be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of all surfaces for First Team and Academy matches.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all First Team and Academy pitches are maintained and ready to use as required, both indoor and outdoor
- Assist the Grounds Supervisor and Head of Grounds to deliver an end of season maintenance programme
- Ensure all routine pre-start checks are conducted on machinery before use and report any failures/faults
- Use a wide range of machinery and develop knowledge and skills to assist with all breakdowns, setting up all cylinder and rotary mowers
- Maintain all size goals and nets, ball-stop netting and report any defects
- Maintain landscaped areas at all Club sites using pedestrian mowers, strimmers, hedge trimming, hand-tools, weeding beds, blowing all leaves/stones and playing or replacing trees and shrubs
- To act in a manner that supports the Club’s Values of Growth, Integrity, Belonging, Resilience, Pride and Commitment
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 2/3 years working in the sports turf industry
- Level 2 Sports Turf NVQ and working towards Level 3
- PA 1, 6 and 2a Spraying Qualification
- LANTRA (or similar Awarding Body) qualification in operating machinery and handheld tools
- Knowledge and experience of working with SGL equipment
The successful candidate will be a team player and always strive to deliver their best. All applicants should be comfortable to work outside in all weather conditions.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Groundsperson!
Closing date: Thursday 06 April 2023
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.