Cambridge United has an exciting opportunity for a Groundsperson to join the team…
The Groundsperson will work closely with the Stadium Manager and Grounds Staff to carry out day-to-day duties including post-match stadium clean up, light maintenance work and the maintenance of all playing surfaces and surrounding areas at the Abbey Stadium.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Complete the day-to-day maintenance of all playing surfaces and surrounding areas
- Some line marking responsibilities
- Assist with some elements of grass cutting across all facilities
- Maintenance of goal posts, including netting, noting any defects, and reporting them
- Other associated pitch duties, including but not limited to, fertilising, spraying, seeding etc
- Ensure all surfaces and surrounding areas are kept to a high standard
- Divoting to help repair playing surfaces after training sessions and matchdays
- Be prepared to work in all weathers
- Post match stadium cleaning
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 7 July 2023.
Cambridge United FC is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a supportive and inclusive working environment in which all individuals can make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
We do not discriminate against staff on the basis of age, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religious or political belief or affiliation, trade union membership, gender, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic background or any other inappropriate distinction or characteristic covered by the Equality Act 2010.