Under general supervision from the Assistant Head Groundskeeper, participates in the maintenance of sports fields, groundskeeping and related work as required.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Assist in the daily maintenance of the stadium field, The Home Depot Backyard and stadium grounds.
- Participates in the operation and care of field and grounds equipment
- Participates in the operation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems as directed.
- Participates in all types of sports field maintenance labor such as:
- Synthetic & Natural Grass Cultural/Maintenance Practices
- Painting/Paint Removal
- Field layout
- Participates in the operation and maintenance of equipment such as:
- P-Rex Paint removers
- 2-Cycle Equipment
- Skid steers
- Fork lifts
- Participates in Inclement Weather readiness and execution.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Assist other departments as required.
Qualification and Education/Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from high school. College degree & stadium/grounds experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain OSHA required Forklift Certification within 90 days of hire date. One (1) year experience in forklift operation preferred.
- Ability to learn and operate equipment related to the grounds industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 30+ pounds and ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
Required Skills and Abilities:
The characteristics listed below are representative of those that the employee must be able to successfully perform as part of the essential functions of this position.
- Working knowledge of field and grounds maintenance (natural grass & synthetic); working general knowledge of tools, supplies, equipment used in the maintenance of sports turf, stadiums and similar.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills
- Considerable knowledge of equipment operating principals and procedures. Considerable knowledge of hazards and safety precautions relating to equipment operation, loading and unloading of materials.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors.
- Ability to identify necessary equipment maintenance and repair; follow standard safety practice and procedures common to equipment operation work; follow written and verbal instruction; and to maintain accurate records with basic knowledge of mathematical conversions.
Tools & Equipment Required for Job Function:
- Phone, grounds equipment, radio, forklift, vehicles, and other equipment pertaining to this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work and withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, cold, etc.)
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
About Field & Grounds at Mercedes Benz Stadium:
Mercedes Benz Stadium is in the heart of Atlanta. The Field & Grounds department maintains the 40-acre property including the stadium synthetic surface (FieldTurf’s CORE) and the Home Depot Backyard (4.5acres of sand-based TifTuf Bermudagrass). Mercedes Benz Stadium and The Home Depot Backyard are home to the Atlanta Falcons, the 2018 MLS Cup Champions Atlanta United, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, the SEC Championship Game, the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and the 2020 NCAA Final Four. Mercedes Benz Stadium and The Home Depot Backyard also play host to several additional events and concerts throughout the year.
Interested? You can apply here.