What will you be doing?
Liverpool FC HAS an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our team to support in leading, motivating, monitoring, and overseeing the grounds team. Driving the highest quality pitch standards for football and providing the team with technical guidance in relation to pitch maintenance and repairs to ensure the standards, expectations and needs of the club, coaching staff, fans, and visitors are met, whilst complying with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Grounds Manager to lead, mentor, motivate & encourage the team to deliver outstanding service.
- Deputise in the absence of Grounds Manager to lead and manage the team and represent the Manager as Subject Matter Expert in Club meetings (internal and external) when required.
- Drive innovation and high levels of customer service, anticipating and leading market trends in pitch management.
- Support the Manager, Grounds with identifying projects and works to be carried out by external contractors ensuring clear scope of works which can be delivered on schedule with limited disruption to day-to-day business.
- Carry out daily pitch maintenance duties including mowing, aerating, line marking, divoting, chemical foliar spraying and fertilising, ensuring all playing surfaces are maintained to the very highest standard.
- Be proactive in pitch maintenance programmes and looking for solutions to issues, support and advise colleagues around grass health.
- Operate irrigation systems, set up irrigation programmes to match requirements, carry out maintenance, report issues, oversee repairs, understand drainage system and undersoil heating systems, and book in servicing and repairs.
- Support in the completion of all end of season pitch renovation works across all pitches within the necessary timeframes, to ensure that all playing surfaces are to the required standards ahead of the new season starting, oversee staff and contractors working on the pitches. Manage colleagues and contractors and liaise with coaches and other departments when needed.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety responsibilities are adhered to, including goal post safety checks, proper use of all PPE, adherence to manual handling guidelines and attending regular refresher courses on all aspects of Health & Safety and industry best practice.
- Safely operate a range of horticultural equipment and machinery ensuring all is maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements.
- Understand Risk and Method Statements and work to these effectively.
Who are we looking for?
- Supervisory experience, with the ability to lead and manage a team on a day-to-day basis.
- Previous experience working within a ground’s maintenance role, within a sporting environment.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work, with the ability to focus on results and continuous improvements.
- Proven ability in managing small projects.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
Hold an NVQ level 3 in Sports Turf or demonstrate the equivalent relevant experience.
- Qualified in the safe use of pesticides to levels PA1, PA2 and PA6.
- Knowledge and experience of COSHH responsibilities.
- Understanding of Safeguarding & Commitment to Safeguarding training.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 40 hours per week on a 5 from 7 days basis.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme. You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code, and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch.
We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.
This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Interested? Click here for more information.