An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit an Assistant Head Grounds person to be based at our stadium. You will be responsible for managing and being a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing a pitch maintenance programme, and to ensure delivery of an excellent playing surface at Vicarage Road Stadium.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening, weekend and matchday hours, and will be based at Vicarage Road Stadium. However, there may be a requirement at times to work at our Training Ground facilities based in London Colney.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Stadium Grounds Maintenance Team to be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Managing a small team of grounds staff.
- Pitch Maintenance – Procedures including but not limited to mowing, marking, aeration, fertilising, scarifying, frost cover application, top dressing, seeding and pitch light maneuvering/maintenance.
- Equipment Maintenance – Goals, ball stopping nets, advertising boards etc.
- Machinery – Greasing, cleaning, setting up, oil checks and visual checks before use.
- Liaising with coaching staff as required.
- Ensuring the safety of all playing surfaces.
- Adhere to club’s health and safety procedures.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit, and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
Download the full job advert HERE.
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Assistant Head Grounds person – Stadium
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Watford Football Club – Vicarage Road Stadium
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: 5pm, Sunday January 23 2022
1. Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the careers section.
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to email@example.com, or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?