Shrewsbury Town FC is seeking to recruit a full-time assistant groundsperson who will be required to assist the head groundsperson in the delivery of pitch maintenance and improvements at both The Croud Meadow and the Sundorne Castle training ground sites.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Presentation of all pitches to the highest standard for matches and training schedules.
• Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preparations.
• Assisting with the creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
• Assisting to ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
• Assisting in an end-of-season/closed-season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out.
• Liaising with the First Team Manager and coaching staff in the absence of Head Groundsperson on a daily basis to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training.
• Be available for the required training as prescribed by the football club.
• Any other duties as required and directed by the Head Groundsperson or the club’s management team.