Queensland Cricket has a rare opportunity for a first-year Sports Turf Management Apprentice to join our tight knot team dedicated to providing world class cricket facilities.
About the role
You will be based at Allan Border Field world class training and playing facility where you will receive on-the-job training in the preparation and maintenance of turf cricket wickets and sports field management.
- Some of the role responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of turf wicket facilities
- Supervised use of fertilisers and pesticides for safety and sustainability
- Machinery maintenance and log-book recording
- Field maintenance using commercial grade equipment
- Irrigation of fields and gardens
- General maintenance including mowing, hedging and brush cutting
- Attend training to complete your Certificate III Sports Turf Management trade qualification
The successful applicant must have:
- A keen interest in developing a long-term career in turf management
- Reliable and committed to completing the four year Apprenticeship
- A strong work ethic and interest in working outdoors
- A willingness to learn and apply new learnings to Cert III and on the field
- A drivers licence
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- A blue card for working with children (or be eligible to obtain one)
What’s in it for you?
Build your skills in a high-growth professional environment. Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve. Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community. Take advantage of the employee benefits on offer, including learning and development opportunities, flexible work arrangements and the odd ticket to the cricket.
About Queensland Cricket
Queensland Cricket is responsible for leading and administering cricket throughout Queensland. Our purpose is to promote and grow cricket ensuring all Queenslanders can play, participate, and enjoy the game. Our teams include Queensland Bulls, Queensland Fire and Brisbane Heat.
Keen to join our team?
Please click ‘apply’ to submit your resume and cover letter before COB 8th August.
Queensland Cricket values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Your age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of the team. It’s your drive to do great work that’ll help you shine. At Queensland Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children. We measure ourselves on our values – We Care, We Lead, We Deliver, and We Innovate.
Vaccinations for our workers provides a key contribution to getting Cricket on, and keeping our players, workers and fans safe this Summer. In order to support this, Queensland Cricket is really proud to lead the way as one of the first sporting organisation in Australia to mandate vaccinations for all of their employees, and will be asking about vaccination status as part of our employment process.
We require all applicants to undergo background check and screening prior to or during any appointments.
Queensland Cricket acknowledges that we reside on traditional lands of the Yuggera people and the Turrbal people. We offer our respect to the Elders of these traditional lands, and through them to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples past, present, and emerging. Queensland Cricket encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Interested? You can apply here